Friday, November 25, 2005

Show Post: In House #1500


Well, what can I say? I feel like I should say something anyway-- 1500 shows seems like something of a milestone. Nearly six years ago, January 31, 2000, In House debuted with barely a title, let alone a decent idea of what the show might entail exactly. The comparative technological dark-age of KISU at the time not withstanding, a lot of things have happened since then, most significantly our recent independently-produced status, as well as the development of this blog and its related features: podcasting, mp3s and the like.

Personally, it's been an on the job training and then some for me, and I've been lucky enough for that training to include interviews with the likes of John Vanderslice, Mike Doughty, Kelly Joe Phelps, Jill Sobule, Damien Jurado, Chuck Workman, and scores of others local, regional and otherwise. Where it will stop, nobody knows, but I like to think I'm relishing it properly enough as it's happening.

My guests for the occasion today are locals the Lost Boys, an act that features a couple of guys who have been staples of the Pocatello, ID music scene for a while now, Uncle Bob Merle and John Heckler. Here's to the music and that which will come.

In House #1500.
Airdate: 10/25/05
Focus: 1500th edition of In House, featuring the music of the Lost Boys, playing tonight at Portneuf Valley Brewing in Pocatello.


PLAYLIST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home